Thursday, April 25, 2019

the battle for souls

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood (or against the powers that be in the sale of our home). As obstacles big and small come, I am recognizing more and more that this is a spiritual battle against the gates of hell and the powers of darkness in BiH.  Paul commands me in Ephesians 6:14 to "stand firm, having fastened on the belt of truth." Jesus is the Truth, and I cling to him and to the truth found in Psalm 56, "This I know, that God is for me...in God I trust, I shall not be afraid."

We take the "gospel of peace" (Eph. 6:15) to BiH, so Lord, use this time of uncertainty to grow us, build us, and prepare us to proclaim the mystery of the gospel to a people desperate for you. The battle belongs to the Lord. (2 Chronicles 20)

1 comment: